Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Girly Favourites: Old & New


One of the things I most enjoy about being a girl is the multitude of great products on the market; however, the sheer volume of choices is a little daunting…that’s where girlfriends come in!  These are a few favourites of mine that help me feel a little more beautiful, a little more ‘put-together’, and even a little sexier!



Hanky Panky…my girlfriend introduced me to this line of intimates about 6 years ago and I’ve never looked back!  They are pricey, but SO WORTH IT!  No panty lines, heck, it doesn’t even feel like you have underwear on at all!  This is my all time fave girly product, no question!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion…in fairness I haven’t given many others a try, but why would I when this primer is amazing!  Your eye shadows will be more vibrant and will have better staying power…your eyes will still look picture perfect long after your day (or shoot!) is done!

St Tropez Bronzing Mousse…love, love, love this self-tanning mousse!  It's easy to apply - no streaks and no mess (just make sure to exfoliate well first and do buy the application glove, it really helps and washes well for use again & again).  This product will leave you looking that beautiful golden-brown that we crave without the risks associated with lying in the sun (and us gals in the colder climates can have a subtle glow ALL YEAR LONG – hooray!)

BB Cream…my newest find and I’m pretty impressed so far!  I will say that, although it’s on this list, it isn’t a fave yet as it is still too new to me; however, I am really likin’ it and wanted to let you know about this huge trend that is just now arriving in North America.  Depending on the source, BB either means Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm; the trend started in Asia, where they are widely referred to as Blemish Balms but it would seem that the European & N.A. marketing agencies have creatively changed that first "B" to “Beauty”!  Wikipedia has this to say, “...and some newer ones are advertised as having functions of primer, foundation, moisturizer, sun block, pore minimization and skin refining together, making them an economic skin care solution”.  I’ve never worn foundation as an everyday product, but BB cream gives you that terrific base while being really light. 

Life is beautiful! 

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lori,
    Where do you find the Hanky Panky undies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    Lots of places carry them...I would call a lingerie shop near you and ask. For Calgary residents; 'Intimately Yours' in Banker's Hall and 'SHE Apparel' are both places that I know carry them for sure! There's a small boutique women's clothing shop near me that carries them; once you look you won't have a hard time finding them! Happy shopping!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete